Development & Communications Manager
Working with the Executive Director, the Development and Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to attract and retain new donors and members, and increase giving levels among current supporters.
Additionally, this position will guide the strategy for all fundraising, marketing, public relations and membership programs, including branding, digital marketing, advertising, website, promotions and member experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
Fundraising and Development
- Develop a long-term fundraising strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director and Fundraising Committee to increase the overall donor base, gift size and planned giving.
- Launch a new Endowment Fund by working with the Campaign Committee to solicit donations from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Supervise NeonCRM database including gift processing and donor acknowledgement
- Coordinating with a volunteer committee, implement at least two fundraising events per year.
- Create ads, press releases and other material for upcoming events and programs.
- Develop and implement media campaigns for the History Center.
- Oversee content and production of quarterly newsletter and social media posts.
- Supervise department staff on input and maintenance of membership database and correspondence.
The Development and Communications Manager should be outgoing, detail-oriented, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy planning events. We are looking for a team member who is highly organized, independently motivated and who has a passion for museums and community work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least two years of professional experience in nonprofit development, communications, marketing or donor relations.
- Knowledge, comfort and experience with many types of fundraising, including annual giving/donor engagement programs, major gift campaigns, membership programs, corporate sponsorship, events, direct mail appeals, and crowdfunding.
- Proven experience with many types of marketing and communications strategies and tools, including digital, advocacy, and social tools.
The position is full time, with some nights and weekend work required; telecommuting options available. As a small nonprofit, other duties may be assigned. Starting salary range is $45,000-$50,000 with benefits and semi-annual bonus opportunity. History Cherokee is an equal opportunity employer. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.